Otokar to Showcase its Next-generation Armored Vehicles at IDEF
Otokar is set to make its mark on IDEF with next-generation vehicles with superior mobility and survivability features.
Otokar, a Koç Group company and Turkey's global land systems manufacturer, will showcase the defense industry vehicles and turret systems at the 15th IDEF Defence Industry Fair on August 17-20, 2021. At IDEF, organized under the aegis of the Turkish Presidency and hosted by the Turkish Ministry of Defense, Otokar will exhibit its next-generation armored vehicles with superior mobility and survivability features. Visitors will find the opportunity to see 11 armored vehicles of Otokar up close at the company's booth at the İstanbul Tüyap Fair Convention and Congress Center.
The next-generation products that Otokar will showcase at the fair include ARMA 6x6 and ARMA 8x8 multi-wheeled armored vehicles and TULPAR tracked vehicles. In addition, Otokar will debut AKREP IId, the diesel variant added to the AKREP II range, and COBRA II MRAP mine-resistant armored vehicle.
General Manager Serdar Görgüç noted that Otokar is Turkey’s most experienced land systems company with 34 years of experience in military vehicles, “We strive to offer the best products and services to our users in more than 35 friendly and allied countries worldwide, including the Turkish army and security forces, against present and future threats. We reflect the experiences we gain in Turkey and other climates and geographies around the world on our vehicle development activities. At Otokar, an industry leader in land systems and a pioneer with many first to its name, we are always ready to serve our country with our products, engineering and manufacturing capabilities, and experience.”
The line-up of vehicles that Otokar will showcase at IDEF:
- TULPAR Next-generation Armored Tracked Vehicle, with 105 mm turret system
- TULPAR Next-generation Armored Tracked Vehicle, with 30 mm MIZRAK turret system
- TULPAR-S Armored Tracked Vehicle, with BAŞOK turret system
- ARMA 8x8 Multi-wheeled Armored Vehicle, with KORHAN turret system
- ARMA 8x8 Multi-wheeled Armored Vehicle, with 30 mm NEFER turret system
- ARMA 6x6 Multi-wheeled Armored Vehicle, with 25 mm MIZRAK turret system
- AKREP IId Armored Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Weapons Platform Vehicle, with 90mm turret system
- COBRA II MRAP Mine-resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle
- COBRA II Personnel Carrier
- COBRA II Armored Medical Evacuation Vehicle
- URAL Armored Personnel Carrier, with BAŞOK turret system